I’ve made many motorcycle trips and always I thought that it would be great to have a system where I could find other riders. Maybe I have a technical problem, need information or I would like to find a place to sleep and meet someone local. There are another systems on the internet in some similar manner but I don’t think there are any for riders.
So finally I decided to build one myself!
The system is easy and the basic idea is:
- Register and enter your location
- If you need help in your trip, send a spot with your location and spot-riders.com will send a message to all members within 200 kms around you.
- As a registered rider, an email will be sent to you if a rider needs help within 200 kms around you.
- All communications are made through the webpage
I’m not English native but I chose English for spot-riders.com as it’s the most universal language for travellers. Maybe in future I will add more languages.
The system is built on html responsive. It will work on all mobile devices or desktop. But I have planned an android and iphone version.
As you can see, there isn’t any banner, publicity or no paid services. I want this to be free for all riders, forever. I will support this project as long as I can with my resources and personal time but any donation or support will be welcome.
A detailed explanation on how this site work can be found here: http://www.spot-riders.com/moto-spot-how-it-work/
I hope spot-riders.com can help all riders traveling around the world!
Motorbike Spot Riders’s Principles
- spot-riders.com will never sell your personal data
- spot-riders.com will be always free for riders
- spot-riders.com will not use third-party publicity (aka adsense, etc)
- spot-riders.com will not abuse your email
(Thanks to Glyn from bikeclubfrance.com for corrections and translation)